ABOUT PETRA DIAMOND BURSARIES
The Petra Diamonds Bursary Program is principally motivated to cover all fields of engineering within the diamond mining industry.
This company is devoted to building a stronger future filled with bright young minds. They support in evolving the skills of South Africas by providing countless occasions. If you are looking to learn all about the mining industry, you are in the right place! It is well-known that diamonds are not only the most precious of all gemstonesbut furthermore also the most durable. However, were you aware that the name comes from the Greek, meaning Unbreakable and it is the toughest material on earth!
- Matric with University exemption
- Must hold a minimum of a 6/7 for Mathematics and Science
- English, read, write and speak
- Must have or be able to obtain a fitness certificate
- Be self-motivated and a team player
- Must have a keen interest in the mining industry
- Flexibility with a commitment to learn, but moreover willingness to work
- Must be willing to relocate to rural areas or where the mining concern is located (if needed)
- Candidates currently studying may apply within their field if they hold high academic achievements
PETRA DIAMONDS BURSARY APPLICATION
Petra Diamonds bursaries online applications processes are made available during the year by Career Wise, applications can be downloaded via this website. When available you can download the form, complete it and send it along with the required documentation back to Career Wise for the initial assessment.
All applicants must adhere to the requirements as stipulated, complete the application in full and sign it before submitting.
Bursaries provided by Petra Diamonds include the following for successful candidates:
- Life Skills Training
- Tuition fees paid in full
- Accommodation and meals paid in full / or corresponding stipend
- Travel allowance
Candidates will also have to work during their December and January vacation time. The bursary is renewable yearly. Successful candidates must also sign an employment agreement with the company, for an equal amount of years as that of the bursary. Candidates who do not accept the employmentwill be responsible for full repayment of bursary amount, as well as candidates who do not graduate.
Applications for these bursaries usually open during the middle of each year and they close theend of September, of the same year that candidate has applied. If you have not heard from the company by December that same year, please consider your application as unsuccessful