ABOUT SAPPI BURSARIES
Sappi seeks talented candidates to join their firm via the SAPPI bursary scheme. They offer candidates a full scholarship based on their academic results, in addition to completion of a psychometric test. Successful candidates for SAPPI Bursaries will receive full support, tuition, books, meals, accommodation and more.
Sappi was started in 1936, then known as South African Pulp and Paper Industries Ltd. Their headquarters is located within Johannesburg, South Africa. They not only produce, but furthermore also sell timber, pulp, paper products, chemical cellulose and all industrial forest related products. They supply to the whole of Southern Africa, as well as the export market.
Candidates can find more information from any of the Sappi offices HR departments. They are seeking candidates who are eager to work within the forestry industry.
SAPPIBURSARIES AVAILABLE IN 2018-2019
If you are planning to study into one of the following directions, Sappi may have a bursary that is ideal for you.
Fields of study include:
- SAPPIChemical EngineeringBursary
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Built Environment
- Supply Chain
- Corporate Affairs
- Human Resources
- Paper Technology
- Pulp Technology
- Information Technology
If you are currently still in grade 12 or studying at an institute of higher learning, in one of the fields mentioned, you may apply for a SAPPI bursary.
To qualify for any of these SAPPI bursaries, candidates must adhere to the following:
- Must be between 18 and 25 years of age
- Grade 12 level of education minimum
- Provide academic results
- Must be proficient in English
- Must hold a minimum of 65% for English
- Must hold a minimum of 70% for Mathematics
- Must hold a minimum of 70% for Physical Science
- Must be a South African citizen
- Possess a valid South African ID
- Must be committed to teaching and making a difference
- Must provide proof of the need for financial aid
Candidates must also provide proof of acceptance at an institute of higher learning. Candidates who hold a 75% or higher average within Physical Science, as well as Mathematics will be given preference.
SAPPI BURSARY APPLICATION
Online application process is not available, candidates wishing to apply must send their documentation to the bursary department of Sappi. Please include your latest school results and certified copy of your ID, Curriculum Vitae, motivational letter as well as all other documentation as is indicated.
Candidates can post their information to:
The ETQA Manager
Human Resources Department
Sappi Southern Africa Ltd
P.O. Box 31560
Applications can also be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sappy has an agreement with selected Institutes of Higher Learning within selected fields of study.
These are as follow:
- University of Pretoria offering B.Sc. Electrical / Chemical / Mechanical
- University of Witwatersrand offering B.Sc. Chemical / Electrical / Mechanical
- University of KwaZulu-Natal offering B.Sc. Mechanical / Electrical / Chemical
- University of Technology Durban offering N4 to N6
- University of Stellenbosch offering B.Sc. Wood Science / Forestry
- University of Technology Mangosuthu offering N4 to N6
- University of Port Elizabeth offering Forestry National Diploma
- University of Cape Town offering B.Sc. Chemical / Mechanical / Electrical
- Nelson Mandela Metro University offering Forestry National Diploma
- Ekurhuleni College offering Process Plant Operations / Pulp & Paper Making Technology National Vocational Certificate 2 / 3 / 4
- Umfolozi College offering Pulp & Paper Making Technology / Process Plant Operations National Vocational Certificate 2 / 3 / 4
- Nelspruit College offering Process Plant Operations / Pulp & Paper Making Technology National Vocational Certificate 2 / 3 / 4
Opening date for applications isAugust to September, thus, candidates are welcome to send their information along during this time. They will let successful candidates know of acceptance, so please do not contact them to inquire.